McLeans Lawyers provides legal expertise based on decades of successful experience in government, corporate and private practice.
McLeans lead counsel, Ian McLean, is an Oxford educated lawyer who has successfully represented his clients at all levels of Court – including the Ontario Municipal Board, Ontario Divisional Court, Ontario Court of Justice, Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada.
With a solid legal background covering municipal, banking, land, employment, litigation, and criminal law, McLeans specializes in:
- land development – valuation, land use, expropriation, environmental
- real estate law – buying, refinancing and selling; condominium, commercial and residential
- estate litigation – representing estate trustees and beneficiaries in disputes over trust property, the form of a Last Will and Testament, Powers of Attorney, probate applications, and practice before the Consent and Capacity Board.
- bank litigation – supervising both domestic and international cases
- professional malpractice – representing lawyers, dentists, doctors, accountants, engineers, architects etc. before their disciplinary bodies
- employment & labour – representing both employers and employees in arbitration and court
- civil litigation, criminal and family law – through arbitration and in court.
You can see more of Ian’s professional experience with the legal departments of Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto, the Royal Bank of Canada, and in private practice on our Associates page.
In conjunction with their nine associates at Rogerson Law, McLeans also offers legal expertise in an expanded range of fields:
- asset protection, cross border litigation, tax litigation
- estate planning & litigation, probate
- immigration, professional malpractice, criminal defence
For a complete list of services, go to our Services page.
McLeans is located in Ottawa and North Bay, Ontario, with services now extending to Barrie and the Greater Toronto Area through Rogerson. Both firms also maintain client relations in London England and Dubai where local working relationships and knowledge are crucial to success.